Tuesday, November 5

Idol Dramas


It'd been awhile since I last got completely engrossed in a Taiwanese Idol Drama. Really missed the times when I would get completely engrossed in a series, and my life would just revolve around watching it, and feeing like I'm part of it. 

Here are my top 5 taiwan dramas that made me cry like a bitch and wake up with puffy eyes:

1. Meteor Garden 流星花园 





It's a classic, nuff' said.
And I think the boys in the Taiwan version are still more drool-worthy than those in the Japanese and Korean versions. 
I'm a "Jerry Yan" fan since 7 years old.
If you have never watched this, you're seriously missing out.


2. In Time With You 我可能不會愛你




This drama made me cry the hardest. 
In Time With You is by far the most realistic drama I have ever watched. 

The storyline is about a guy and a girl who started out being competitive rivals, and then best friends, and then how they eventually realize that they are in love with each other. In between, they dated other people as well. 

This show made me feel very involved simply because it was simple and real. No loss of memory, no unrealistic story plots, no nothing. The best part, it will make every girl want a guy best friend after watching it. That feeling will linger long after the show ends. 

This drama won quite a number of awards with its storyline and main characters' acting, so it is definitely worth watching. 


3. Autumn's Concerto 下一站, 幸福



Autumn's Concerto made me a fangirl of Vaness Wu. 

I think all the actors acted really well and it was a really beautiful love story.
Xiao Xiao Bin is damn cute in the show and whenever he cries, I cry too. Lol.

But this one is the unrealistic kind where rich guy falls for poor girl, family disapprove of the relationship, mother tries to break them apart and pair the guy with another rich girl, guy loses his memory halfway through, and then meets the poor girl again. 

Except this time, a child is involved and it tugs at your heart strings every episode. 


4. Hi My Sweetheart 海派甜心




I'm sure most people already know about this drama. Unrealistic, but really really cute at the same time. 
I'm a little biased towards this show also because Luo Zhi Xiang and Rainie Yang are the main characters. 

This show makes you feel happy at the start with Da Lung (Show Luo's character), but becomes more emotional as the story develops. 


5. A Chinese Paladin 仙剑奇侠传



I don't know which season/version is this exactly but I only like this one. 
It's quite rare how such 古代 shows can make me cry so yeah, that alone says a lot. 
Fantasy + Fighting + Love = Must Watch!

So there you go, my favorite idol dramas of all time. 
I should probably re-watch them again if time allows. 

Who wanna watch with me? keechiu!

Till then. 

X




No comments:

Post a Comment