Saturday, March 15

CNY 2014


Before I get too busy, or lazy, or both, decided to draft another post and schedule it to be posted today so this space wouldn't be left in silence for another month or so. 

Crazy load of pictures taken during CNY this year. Enjoy the visuals!

Day 1






OOTD: Dress from FeistHeist.com, Bag from Pedro, Heels from Scape flea.






















Tried on red lipstick a little before this and loved it. So, had a lot of red lippie on during CNY. Day 1 was the usual, visiting my maternal and paternal grandparents' place. 

Day 2










Spammed selfies and OOTD shots because I love this dress so much and my makeup for that day. Couldn't seem to capture the beauty of the dress though. It has a quilted texture and the mickey prints were traced with red dots. 

OOTD: Dress from a Korean shop in FEP, Bag from Porter International, same heels as Day 1. 








My family is cray cray. 















Super adorbs Baby Javier who is my 2nd-degree cousin. (His dad is my dad's cousin)
Sissy and I couldn't stop fawning over him and giggle to ourselves when he laughs or yawns. Babies are such cute things. Can't help thinking that if only we could all stay as a baby where our minds are still innocent and not corrupted by reality. 

Day 3





Bought this beanie probably half a year ago and have not even worn it. Decided to take it out on CNY and I conclude that wearing a red beanie makes any day feels like Christmas -.-

OOTD: Pullover from KL, old shorts, same bag as Day 2, beanie from Blues, cuff earrings from F21.





 The childhood friends (family) came to visit and we returned the visit right after. Lol. Remember when we used to play "blind mice" in a room, "hide-and-seek" in a house, imitate corny CNY videos and set up obstacle courses with blankets and toys as games whenever we visit each other? Now we play blackjack, big 2 and mahjong. Hahaha. 

Day 4



Went to meet JP for dinner and some last minute CNY shopping at Vivo. 



Got the skirt. Wanted the top as well but I'll probably only dare to wear it out with this skirt so decided not to. 


JP's early V-day's gift to me. It was supposed to be a surprise but I couldn't contained my curiosity and kept guessing until I got it right, so he decided to just give it to me early since I already know what it is. Oops :X


Day 5 or 6 or 7 or 8





Relatives from China came to visit and it was really awkward because it's my (and my sister's and probably my mum's) first time seeing them. In fact I didn't even know I had relatives in China except my Ahgong's brother who was brought to China by his mum to live there. Although it was awkward, they were pretty nice, and are living proof that certain uncouth Chinese Nationals that we see here are not representative of the entire population. 



2nd week of CNY: Day idk what already

Visited my grandma's older sister whom we haven't seen for years ever since the passing of my grandma. They've been getting in on their years and it would be exhausting for them to visit every year (my Ahma's place used to be the main place for them to gather during CNY), so this year we went to them instead. 



Retarded me trying to do a human emoticon. 


Fortune slip in a fortune cookie which got me excited. 







A million and one OOTD shots because we like to step one model during dress-up days. 

OOTD: Top from Editor's Market, Skirt from H&M, Backpack from Furmuse, Heels from BKK. 


Saturday of the 2nd week



Steamboat with SoulVibe at my place after our weekly session. Milo Gong came after that but didn't managed to take a picture with them :/ 

Had an awesome time talking nonsense, making silly jokes, laughing and playing drinking games to clear the Chivas my dad brought out from his cabinet. It felt great seeing the 2 groups of friends I cherish the most being able to "click" well with one another. 

That pretty much sums up my CNY this year. Of course there were a lot more places I visited, but they were mostly my cousins' houses and we pretty much just gambled our days and nights away. The rest of the details are kinda fuzzy in my head right now, but it also meant that these details are not as important. Lol. 

This year's CNY was one of the most happening ones so far, and a lot more "meaningful" in a way to me. Met quite a few people whom I have not seen for a long time as well as talking/socializing a lot more with the adults this year. Also, the first time ever I had a steamboat held at my place.

Here's to many more of such CNYs to come! 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment