Thursday, June 5

Taiwan Day 4


25/5/2014

It's theme park day!


Super lupsup hair day. That's why I need caps when I'm too lazy to blow dry my hair :/
Took the mrt to 景安 (Jingan) Station to change to take a bus there. I think it's called a E-go bus and the bus number was 856 or something like that. Hahahaha. Please do your own research and don't take my word for it if you wanna go, I can't remember all the small details already. 


We found an express sushi shop near the station selling 1 sushi at only TWD 10!!! Got a box of 7 only for TWD 70, which is only like SGD 3 plus?!?! 

The bus was gonna take some time so meanwhile...


JP improving in helping me take OOTD shots :)
Wearing my loots from Day 2. Top from a shop in 忠孝復興. Hahaha I don't even remember the shop/brand anymore, I just went to check the shirt tag and I'm confused because I don't remember entering a shop named Urban Raiment, so maybe it's like those kinda shop that sells clothes imported from elsewhere and not their own brand. 

After almost 2 plus hours (including the train ride & waiting time), we finally reached the amusement park! 

Welcome to 六福村 (Leofoo Village)!



Squinty eyes ~

Took the Viking and it was my first time overcoming a viking that goes that high. I have a phobia of Viking ever since I took one in Australia with my family when I was really young. Furthermore I have motion sickness (not that serious tho) so Viking always makes me dizzy. Felt a little nauseous after that but I was sooo proud I managed to put one hand in the hair while one the ride! 



The vertical fall ride that is similar to the Space Shot in Genting, except that this is probably 10 times faster. Most gratifying ride ever. JP told me that it's hard to shout when you're on the ride, and for the few times we saw when other people took it, the entire ride was silent. So we both tried to prove the theory wrong, the moment we started dropping we shouted but mid-way, our voices got stuck and then it came back again when we reached the bottom. It was damn funny though it was like "Wooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh" the grey part being silent. Entire drop took like less than 3 seconds, and it doesn't look that high, but we felt the weather change from hot to cold when we reached the top, and I could actually see blurry things in front of me that looked like clouds now that I think about it. 

Definitely the most fun imo. 




Because I didn't want to take this ride for fear of being too dizzy, I think JP starts to worry he's going to play alone for most of the ride. So I accompanied him on the Top Gun and it was the worst decision of my life. 

I have taken Top Gun rides in Singapore and nothing happened to me before. However, I think because the one there is a lot longer, I started to get really really giddy halfway through the ride. We were seated at the very end so when I looked down, I actually felt like puking already. After we got down I rushed out and threw up twice. Had to take a very long rest and even puked again after. 

It was a huge pity because we were already there late and there wasn't much time left. JP told me he checked that the theme park closes at 7pm and it was already like 4pm by the time I felt okay enough to walk. 

In case you don't know what a Top Gun is, it looks like this:


And it works a bit like the viking except that it goes 360 and we are seated facing away instead of facing towards the other side. 

They had a lot more rides like roller coaster, the water boat thingy that goes down 2 slides and make a huge splash, and the Screaming Condor, which is probably the scariest ride I have ever came across in my life. 


How the Screaming Condor looks like from afar. I really thought it was just some fancy structure. 



It's actually like a "U" so the ride goes up both ends and come back down. The bendy end is the one where the ride will twist its way up and twist its way down. 


Legs dangling off the ride. 

JP took this the last time he came here and he wanted to take it again. I felt scared just by looking at the structure please. Fucking vertical sia.  In the end because of my giddiness I was spared. Told him to take by himself but he didn't want :/




Because I still felt a little unwell we went to the animal farm side to see the animals. Unfortunately most went back to their enclosure already as this part is closing soon :(


Turkish Ice Cream which made me feel a lot better. I love the sticky texture :)
I didn't realize at that point of time, but now I think the ice-cream man looks like a zombie with his dark eye circles, and he's like trying to kill me with an ice-cream hammer. Hahahaha. 

Went back to the amusement park side because I felt better and wanted to try the rest of the rides but THEY WERE CLOSED whuuuut?! JP and I were so frustrated and bummed because apparently, the rides themselves HAVE THEIR OWN CLOSING TIME wtf? Some rides close at 4pm, some 4.30pm, some 5pm, some 5.30pm, which is damn stupid. So in the end we spent like TWD 1200 each (bus fare + entry ticket) and only got to play like 3-4 rides :( 

I started to feel really guilty because if I hadn't got so sick from the rides, we could still have a go at a few more rides. Although JP didn't blame me, I could tell he was pretty bummed too. 

We were both so bummed and it felt like we've wasted a lot of the day so we wanted to make up for it by making full use of the night. JP the decided to bring me to another entertainment park. 

Miramar Entertainment Park (美麗華百樂園)
& the Miramar Ferris Wheel! ^^





Supposed to look like I'm spinning the wheel but failed :/





Went up and bought tickets for the Ferris Wheel, which is about TWD 200 per person. Wanted the transparent cabin but we have to wait 50 mins for it so we went ahead with the normal one. 





Super pretty view. There were actually mountains at the back but we couldn't capture it clearly on camera :(


It wasn't anything thrilling or fun, but there was a lot more romantic feel to it compared to the Singapore Flyer, especially when you ride it with your partner :)

One of my best ferris wheel experience :D

Window-shopped for a bit at the Miramar Shopping Centre.





Acupuncture shoes that I'm dying to buy, but if I splurge on them, I can't buy anything else for the next 2 days. Sigh. Wish I could at least buy the red one tho. Anyone going Taiwan please tell me? Really want it so bad :X



Decided to head to 饒河街觀光夜市 Raohe Street Night Market to settle our dinner and experience shopping at a different night market. 

It was one of the best impromptu plans during this trip.

And we took the more expensive cab I think because it has an open roof and mini TV. 




炸魷魚 (Fried cuttlefish) with 日式照燒醬 which I think is Terriyaki sauce. 
This was damn damn damn damn dope. Really. Please try when you're in Taipei. 

Scallops in Oyster Shells that were baked and grilled with sauce of your choice. 





Super pretty hand-painted canvas shoes that are a lot cheaper than those sold in SG. Decided to get a pair for myself after trying them on. 


The lady boss customizing my shoes by painting my name, the date and place on them :) 
Another good buy.

More caps for dance :)


My loots from Raohe Street Night Market.






The amount of food we bought back from Raohe Street Night Market because we can't finish eating all of these good food there. 


Chicken thighs with no bones in some kind of sauce. 


German sausage with cheese. 


The fried cuttlefish I mentioned earlier. It was too good so we wanted to go back and buy another but the stall was closed so we bought from another stall. Tried it with 泰國酸辣醬 (sweet and sour and spicy?) this time round which is packed separately and we haven't pour it out yet. 


烤牛肉 Flamed Beef Cubes. 


Cheese Mash Potato with a lot of ingredients as you can see. Cheese packed in a separate bag that we haven't poured out yet but you can the the orange tinge behind the potato. Too good man too good. 


Cheese 鳥蛋 with prawns wrapped inside as well. This is the first to be finished because it was too freaking awesome. I've never liked hard-boiled eggs in any form because I hate the taste of hardened egg yolk so I surprised myself when I tried one and liked it. The disgusting egg yolk taste was covered by the flavorful cheese so I couldn't taste that much of it. 





The boy preparing a bubble bath for me because it had been a very long day :))
I put the beers there for photography purposes. Hahaha. I've been wanting to try the Taiwan beer (on the left) because of a Taiwan drama. I think it's quite nice and I'll drink it over any other beers but due to my intolerance, again, I only managed to finish 1/4 of it. Hahahaha. I know I noob la can. 



The very pretty macaroons from Taipei 101 which we haven't got the chance to try yet because we were always full from all the street food every night. 

A very eventful Day 4 and we pretty much made full use of the time we have left and made it worthwhile. 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment