Thursday, December 5

Hitting 20 - Renix Style

Hit my 20th few weeks back, and boy, this year's birthday was definitely one of the most memorable celebrations I had. 

My 20th celebrations stretched across 3 days and it was pretty amazing. Tons of photos coming up below!


16/11

Was "tricked" into believing that nobody was there at the studio for dance session on Saturday. 

JP first lied by telling me he had to go Bugis to meet a friend at around 3pm so he'll meet me at the studio straight.  Then at 5pm he told me that Van was stuck outside the studio because nobody was there yet and she doesn't know how to collect the keys so he has to go studio first. Found it weird at this point of time b/c it was pretty easy, plus I'm sure anyone can just tell her how to do that over the phone. But I just woke up from napping and didn't read too much into it. 

Then he kept calling me and asked if I was reaching. I kept asking "why?" and he came up with the excuse that he can meet me to smoke first before I go up. Then when we were smoking, he just continued the story, saying he was damn bored because nobody came for session, only him, Wilson and Vanessa. 

So I happily walked into studio and was truly stunned. They popped party poppers and threw balloons around once I stepped in and my first reaction was to retreat. Lol. 

After the birthday song.....photo spam. 




My mini tiramisu cake ^^


Canadian pizzas for lunch/dinner. 











Left to right: Dewei, Zhicheng, Wilson, Necky, Me!, Vanessa, Jen




With Van, the cute babe I'm glad I met and introduced her to this crew. 



Thank you guys for throwing me this surprise. I suck at expressing gratitude but just know that I appreciate every single thing you guys have done for me. I was touched, really. 

Thank you to those who helped JP prepare everything, from food to decorations, thank you to those who came earlier to help with setting stuff up, and thank you to everyone for writing your heartfelt wishes on the mirror.

And even for the rest of SoulVibe who didn't manage to make it on that day, I know you guys contributed ideas and stuff to help make this possible. Thank you.

Although we might not all be as close to one another, and we are still far from having bonds that will never break, I still feel a connection to all of you. I look forward to improving and growing together with all of you, and forge even stronger bonds with everyone so that one day, we can all be proud of being a part of the SoulVibe family. <3 p="">

After session ended, headed to cousin's house to celebrate with my relatives. 















Thank you everybody for loving me! Hahahaha. I'm feeling super pampered with all the angbaos and presents! <3 nbsp="" p="">


17/11

JP reserved a place at Kushin-Bo for my birthday treat from him, cus he knew I love Japanese cuisine the most :) 

Woke up as early as 10am just so we can make it earlier and have more time to gobble food at the buffet. 



OOTD inspired by Gossip Girl. Dug up the brand new top which was hidden in my overcrowding closet and decided to go for a different kind of look. Hahaha. 









I assure you these were not all that we ate, but I got tired of taking pictures. Lol. Everything was just too damn good, from the super fresh sashimi to perfectly grilled meat to thick yummy soups to crazy desserts that literally melt in your mouth.

Best. Birthday. Brunch. Ever. 
p.s. I wanna go back again

Walked around town for a little window shopping, maiden shot at playing video games in the games area at Cine, and caught Thor 2 :)))

And the belated birthday present that came a few days later..


Thank you.

18/11

As usual, the actual day itself is always reserved for my family. Had my birthday dinner at Saveur.










Super bad photos from my phone's front camera cus the lighting was pretty dim. 



Mushroom Cappucino Soup. 


Foie Gras w apple slices and some sweet sauce.


Sea bass.


This cod fish dissolved instantly when it touched my mouth and I fell in love. Nuff' said. 
I wanna have this again!


Scallops with rice. Or was it chicken? I can't remember, but the rice was yummy though. 


Beef tenderloin. 


Tofu cheesecake.


Caramel lava cake. Most awesome creation ever. 

And then it's back to photo spamming.









The desserts were a substitute for my birthday cake. Which is cool because who the hell gets a caramel lava cake and tofu cheesecake as a birthday cake?! Yep, I guessed so. This is what I call Renix Style.  


My family are the ones that have stood by me through every single thing in my life, and the ones who got my back every time I crash. I'll never trade them for anything in the world because they're the best I can have. 

Thank you Mummy & Daddy for bringing me up, and celebrating my birthday with me every year without fail. Thank you for trying to give me the best and whatever I want that is within your limits. Thank you for giving in to my princess tantrums all the time. Thank you for being the best parents I can ever have. 

Thank you Sissy for your handwritten cards every year. They mean more to me than any other present because I know those are words from the bottom of your heart. I hate you sometimes, but I love you all the time. <3 nbsp="" p="">

Cabbed down to PS to catch Tom Yum Goong 2 together. It'd been quite some time since we caught a movie as a family so even though the movie was blah, it was great to be able to spend some more family time together :)



OOTD
Denim romper - M)phosis, T-shirt - H&M, Boot Heels - Topshop, Bag - Pedro, Necklace - online, Accessories - assorted.





Sissy and I explored the areas nearby the restaurant while waiting for the food to arrive. When we found this flight of stairs, we couldn't help ourselves; secret inner model unleashed. Lol. Amateurish, but we had fun. That's all that matters.

Thank you every single one of you who wished me, who got me a gift, who made my birthday a little bit better in your own ways. 

I had a great one this year and I wish I will stay this happy forever. 

X.






No comments:

Post a Comment