Sunday, December 13

RenixTravels | Taipei Day 6



27.05.2015

Although Longshan Temple (艋舺龍山寺) was just a stone's throw away from our hotel, we only finally visited it on Day 6.






After praying for peace, love and happiness upon all whom I love, headed down to Xin Bei Tou (新北投) for Hot Springs! Yippee! I was super excited because it's my first and I've always been wanting
to go to one. 






Found a private hot spring at a Hot Spring Resort called 天明泉.








Yep. So anyway, it's like called Sun and Moon or something. On the left side, the tap fills the tub with hot spring water while on the right, the tap fills the tub with freezing cold water. So you know, you can have fun experiencing death if you go in between to and fro. 
















All your showering necessities are provided. 
I took a shower both before and after the hot spring dip. 


The whole package comes with a free drink of your choice and a slice of cake. 





If you're contemplating to go alone, or planning to go in odd numbers, I suggest you give them a call to make enquiries and do a bit of research on other places.
It is not recommended to take a private hot spring bath if you're alone due to safety reasons, so if you're in odd numbers, chances are 3 of you will gonna have to squeeze into 1 private room. 
Of course they will also discourage you from bringing/wearing anything into the bath for hygiene purposes, but since you're in a private room, I would suggest washing and sanitising a swimwear if you're uncomfortable getting naked around friends. 





In the far distance, that is supposed to be a volcanic mountain. Up the hiking trail is the Yang Ming Mountain (阳明山). Of course, I can't be bothered to walk/climb all the way. 

I can't remember why I ended up at ZhongShan District, but I did and I spent an hour in this shop alone. 




Made friends with the sales assistant (like how not to when I stayed in the shop for an hour). 
He was super friendly and both he and his colleague really went all out, choosing clothes and matching outfits for me the whole time I was there. It's like having 2 personal shoppers. And the best part was that at the end of it all, I didn't feel any pressure to get everything they suggested. They were super cool and told me to only get what I really like. Mad love for such awesome service! ^^

He then recommended Shida Night Market (师大夜市) when I asked for other night markets apart from the usuals. And....I fell in love with this place.



Unlike Raohe and Shihlin, Shida Night Market is more well-known for its fashion choices. 
You'll do more shopping than eating here. 

I love this place because the apparels here are of better designs and quality as compared to other night markets, but slightly cheaper than Zhong Xiao Dong Lu (忠孝东路四段). 
In my opinion, 忠孝东路四段 is like the Harajuku of Taipei, 西門町 is like Shibuya and 师大夜市 is like.....a smaller, but better version of...Bugis Street. Hahahahaha. 






I love banana Crepe!!!! I think only this brand sells crepes in Taiwan that puts cake in their flavours. They have like brownies, cheesecake, etc together with the ice cream and fruits in their crepes and it's absolutely ahhhh-mazing. 


My loots from 2percent and Shida Night Market 师大夜市. 


Supper. 

I got bored and suggested singing K so we went Party World in XiMenDing 西門町 and it's like crazy huge. They own the entire building and the lobby for bookings looks like a lobby for a freaking hotel la please. 


Huge room just for 2 people. 




And a private restroom. Like seriously?!?!?!?!




When they told us we have 2 free drinks, and it came in freaking huge jugs. I can't even. 
Singapore, you really need to up your customer service. 






And....yeap that's me on a sugar high from the jugs of milk tea. 

This is perhaps my most filled up day in Taipei, and one of the best on this trip. 

X


No comments:

Post a Comment