Tuesday, October 28

Midst of Projects (September)


It is currently 4.40am. I am sick of reading through that disgustingly thick textbook. I swear, I'd never thought I'll be "studying" for an open-book exam. This is cray. Remind me again why I took finance as a minor?

23.9.2014




Bored before I head out for dance. 


24.9.2014

Project deadlines were all over one another and I actually did lost track of which module's project I was actually working on. 


Wait, what? Heading to school for project…again?


Can I…not?


I'm serious. I don't want to. 
I'm having a good hair and good skin day, I wanna go out and play. 


But the deadline is in a week?!


Fine. I resign to reality. 

Halfway through the project, my project group mate wanted starbucks and I did too, but on the way I went to the ladies first and…my "girl's problem" decided to arrive "timely" again. Just fyi, it has been paying me visits on the most epic timings for the past few months. So, bearing cramps and all, I went to get Hot Chocolate in hopes to soothe the pain.

While waiting for my muffins, I placed the Hot Choco on the counter for collecting orders. This other girl beside me was trying to do something in her bag and she accidentally toppled my Hot Choco (emphasis on hot choco because I really needed it k) over me. Not just toppled my drink, but over me. I was trying to be nice saying it's ok and all while she took tissues and kept apologizing but in my mind all I was really thinking was "Can you please just offer to buy me another drink?"

Yes, I needed it that much. 

Thankfully i still have probably 2/3 or 3/4 of it left but I had to wash out the stains before they became permanent or something and I had to continue doing my project with my entire left side of the body soaked. -.-

So you can probably understand why this made my day...


Although the cashier misspelled my name, I am still giving props to him because I didn't even spell it for him. The fact that he spelled it with a "Y" is already pretty impressive. My project mate kept whining about why she didn't have it and the other staff was like "Aiya he like that one la, biased." Tbh it was a really small thing but amidst all the shit I had, it was one thing to be grateful for. 

Went for DanceArts' production to support S, another project mate. It was nothing short of beautiful and I really enjoyed it. A completely different genre of music, of dance, yet it can inspire me all the same. Kudos to all the performers & choreographers on stage that day, y'all were amazing. 


26.9.2014



Another. Project. Deadline. 


Shoot me. 

Spent the entire afternoon at F's place. We finally got our shit together and finished the project an hour before the deadline. Once we submitted?


 Sloth-mode-on. 

Thankful I met these girls because I got no friend in SIM and it is really that hard to find someone whose characters don't clash with me to group with me. And also because Rox is a mofo who always pangseh me and choose a different lecture so I have to go find ppl myself and I always end up with ppl whose 8 words don't match (hahahaaha direct translation) :/ 

So, in short, these 2 bimbos sorta saved half of my life in SIM. 

Went to find JP after that and we headed over to Tanjong Pagar for a dance event at Seven Dance Studio. Unearthed this Korean treasure in the entire row of Korean BBQ restaurants. It looked so out of place; dimly-lit, small in size, only 2 customers, to the point where we actually thought it was closed on first sight. After walking up and down the long row of shophouses, I realized it was open and went to check out the menu. 

Plus point: It serves authentic Korean food at reasonable prices. And by reasonable, I mean really affordable.

How do I know it's authentic? The pretty lady boss greeted us in Korean, and doesn't know how to communicate efficiently in English. Hahahaha. I really have something for polite, gentle, Korean ladies.   So demure, words delicately spoken. A breath of fresh air from the noises I hear everyday outside of that restaurant. 

(Ps. Today I've had 3 different languages screamed into my ear while commuting on public transport)

Anw, back to the food...




Dry Jajangmyun. It was jang. 



Some pork dish (yes, I forgot the name of it) which was daebak. 




 Gimbap - Korean sushi. I insisted to try this because of TROS. The kids always eat their sushi rolls in a manner that makes me wonder if they were really that good. (Sarang anyone?) These were pretty decent, but then again, it was my first so I can't really compare. 

Headed to the jam after dinner and it was….awkward. But I did have fun and it was the first time I really tried dancing to vent my emotions. It was liberating. 

I can see myself updating quite often as I take breaks in between mugging. 
Wish me luck.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment