Wednesday, October 1

DWZ Production 2014: The Search


Finally getting around to post about Production! 100 over photos, good luck getting through this post.

22/8/2014 - Show Day 1

After countless of practices and rehearsals and vettings and sewing costumes and making props and arguments and panic modes, DWZ finally made it to show day. THE day finally arrived after 3 months of blood, sweat and tears.

Tbh I was a bunch of nerves right before the first show. My heart was pounding and my brain started making up countless scenarios of me screwing up during the show…which made me even more nervous and jittery. 


Letters from my scene's choreographers. I read them half hoping it will ease my nerves, and it kind of did. Was just pretty happy everything turned out fine before show day even though we were still doing props/costumes and trying to finalize makeup a few days before. 






This girl is my saviour. She agreed to be my quick change helper only like 5 days before show day? But she managed to learn all quick change timings, makeup and costumes changes before the final few rehearsals. She's my superwoman. Hahahaha. 



After talking in the dressing room, I found out that E is actually my secondary school senior. Lol. Singapore is small indeed. 



My 2nd superwoman! Asked for her help in quick changing and she joined my quick changing team like 2 days before show day?! Cray. I couldn't have survived my quick change without her, J & Z and thank goodness I have their help. No words can express how thankful I am to have found them as my helpers, especially within the last week before show day. 




My fellow blue groupie from camp last year and we've never talked much throughout trainings for the entire year until production. It's quite amazing how I even got closer to her through production as we're not in ANY scene together. Must be all those suppers. 



My full tiger costume minus the shoes. 














These were taken after I've finished my scene for the rest of the show and we were all sweating like mad but I couldn't pass up the chance to capture us in this particular costume. The one and only costume that took the most time and effort to complete. Looks like we ain't gonna have much trouble dressing up for halloween parties this year.

I teared during curtain call because I can't believe this day has finally arrived. There goes my very first dance performance on a big stage. 





















Thank you Daddy, Mumsy, Sissy, Xiaoyi, Gugu, JP, D & K for coming all the way down to support. I was so happy and motivated when I hear that you all have enjoyed the show and that we did a good job. Imagine my joy when my parents and aunt decided to buy tickets for the last show when we went for supper. I just feel so blessed to have supportive and encouraging parents and I can never thank them enough for that alone. 

Also, I am very very lucky to have two No.1 fans who told me I did very well on stage and that I have improved a lot the moment they saw me. Thank you JP and Mumsy. Your words motivate me to push myself harder for the next 2 shows. 

23/8/2014 - Show Day 2

I bet everyone of us was dead tired because the 2nd show was in the afternoon so we had to report even earlier and we all probably had a late night. 

Now I know why people always say the afternoon show is going to be the killer. The killer as in, the one that kills us. 




This has gotta be my favorite costume. Plus, I was one of the Makeup ICs for my scene and I had so much fun experimenting the makeup for this scene as I finally had a legit reason to go crazy with makeup. 





My superwoman who helped me changed into this outfit. 






MG

Although only 3 of you came and I was pretty disappointed at first (b/c the turnout alr so little and JH still late), I'm still really touched at the fact that you guys bother to come at all. Tbh I didn't harbor any hopes of any of you stating interest in coming down to support because, well, we met through an entirely different interest and I didn't think any of you would be interested in watching a dance performance. And well, also because you all are assholes who always make fun of me :/

Thanks bros. It meant a lot. Really. 

Last show

The period in between the 2nd and last show was a little bit unbearable. All the mixed emotions that were gradually getting more intense as we neared the time for our last show. I wanted time to pass faster as I know the last show is gonna be awesome and all and every single one of us will go all out and it will be one hell of an amazing experience. However, I also wanted time to slow down because I couldn't bear for it to come to an end. 





Yes, definitely my favorite costume among all. Lol. 


Lioness is me. 










Maybe I can consider being a lioness for halloween too. 






So extremely glad they came for 2 shows. 



Bitch, I just realized in the 4 years we have known each other, this is only the 2nd (& 3rd) photo we have taken together. Wtf have we been doing all this time? 





Thank you SoulVibe, Rox, G and S for coming down. It means so much to me that some of you, despite not being close or after losing touch, are still supporting me and my dreams.

Thank you Rox for the rose, it was so sweet of you. Your encouragement throughout the years never fail to pick me up and set me straight and I have you to thank for giving me that little bit more courage to face my fears and embrace my flaws to fight for what I really want.

Here are the rest of the photos that were either taken before showtimes during preparation or backstage. I'm too lazy to sort them out according to the day and time so….deal with it. They're just gonna be random.  














My dear choreographer no.1: W











My dear choreographer no.2: Qy









My dear Scene 2 #teameveryweekchangechoreochangeformationchangecostumechangemakeup
I will definitely miss all those practices with them. 





A common sight for performers: Girls helping guys with their makeup. 


Break in-between shows. 




My fellow project mate who happens to be an amazing dancer as well. Thank you so much for coming down and showing me your support even though we just met.


W in his main character costume. Presenting to you…..the Tin Man!



S as the cute Dorothy!



WM who is no longer in his Scarecrow costume but ohwell, at least he still has on the makeup.



And last but not least, B the lion who was also no longer in his costume.


I am really grateful for this experience and have learnt so much throughout this journey. Thank you every one who made this possible; our instructors and mentors, and every single one who is a part of this production, especially #teameveryweekchangechoreochangeformation. I am so thankful to have created all those wonderful memories with you all and I don't think I can ever find the words to describe how much this production meant to me. 

Thank you all for being a part of another milestone in my dance journey. 

No matter whether or not we ever get to dance together again, I hope we will never lose the passion for dance, and we will never stop dancing.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment