Friday, May 23

Surprise Party


Scheduling this post to be published on his actual birthday. ^^

18/5/2014

Tricked JP down to Sentosa by telling him I'm having a gathering with my bros before the last one of us go to NS. Since we don't usually bring along our partners, I told him it's quite rare that they finally allow so it'll be nice if he can join us. 

The truth was we were already preparing for this 2 weeks before, so even during our sessions and SDD, we were all in the know. It was pretty funny how we kept on whispering about the plans when he was just walking right in front of us on those days. 

I was super panicky on our way there because I had to communicate with the rest and JP kept looking over at my phone when I'm using it. 

When we finally reached Sentosa, took out my camera to take selfies, but the actual motive was to prepare to capture his reaction later. 



This boy is completely unaware of what is going to happen next...

Reached where the rest were and DW rushed out too quickly for me to take a video or photos, but I guess we will all remember that epic face of his when he saw them. He literally shouted out when DW flew out from behind the pillar. Lol. 


Distorted face cus he was pacing forth and back from the shock -.-


Telling us he found keys and he can use the keys to go home and kept on blabbering nonsense. I think the surprise turned him into an idiot temporarily. 



Epic dinosaur reaction. He just stood there frozen. 



Staring at the guys with disbelief. 




DW making him drink. There's alcohol in that apple juice carton.






Birthday boy and his birthday cupcake :)


If this video works, you will see him wolfing down the cupcake IN ONE MOUTH. 
Idk whether he's a pig or a cow. 



Slammed with toothpaste because whipped cream is too mainstream. 


Pacing around from the stinging cold of the toothpaste. 



JP going to be thrown into the water by DW. 
He was carried all the way from the pavilion into the waters. What a sight. 

Spent the rest of the afternoon watching them boys wrestle one another in the water, skipping rocks, laughing at how DW managed to find crazy huge rocks that can probably kill someone if hit, and...



How ZY becomes the one buried in the sand instead of the birthday boy we will never know. 



The boys began to taupok after this and JP ended up with an abrasion to serve as a memory of this day.

Washed up after this and had "dinner" at Vivo's sky terrace. Our dinner consist of all the unfinished food brought. Lol. I think it had been years since I last sat in a group eating, talking and laughing like that. Very...camp mood.


On our way back home. Looking really tired. 




Presents :)




Tailored shirts with name embroidery. 



Bape X Mastermind Japan Bearbrick. 



Instead of a birthday card, I decided to make him a birthday booklet so everyone has a page to write their well wishes. But as expected, there were a lot of nonsense as well. That's just the way we roll ~ 




Hehe. Super proud of this page. Put it at the last and it got him laughing for a good 5 mins. 

I therefore conclude that Project Bday Surprise is a huge SUCCESS!

I can never do this without the bros from SoulVibe. Thank you guys for everything you all have done to make this plan successful, and for doing whatever you can just to make it better. Thank you all for doing all the preparation work when I can't and for making the day a really fun and enjoyable one. 

*fist bump*

____________________________

Since today is your actual birthday, I can finally wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D

Your reaction and expression from the surprise was absolutely PRICELESS. It was worth all the arguments we had when I saw how happy you are. It was really hard keeping it from you, and even coming up with lies and putting up a front in order for it to succeed. Many times when we argue I wanted to just tell you the truth but I couldn't. Like when you told me you really not much money left to spend when we go Sentosa, I had to suppress the urge to tell you you wouldn't need to spend anyway. 

I know that you haven't had a birthday celebration in years and although it's not at a special age, I hope we have made your birthday this year a memorable one. Please forgive me for lying to you throughout the 2 weeks (since you've already whacked me with your towel) and I hope you have enjoyed the surprise and the rest of the day doing stupid stuff with us.

I haven't been able to do much for you ever since we got together so I hope you liked all the things I've prepared for you. The rest of what I wanna say is already in the booklet so please read it over and over again whenever you are feeling down. 

Once again, Happy Birthday! 
May you always have a reason to be happy. 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment